Our Promise is to have our staff continue to work on the mission to promote and organize Irish culture, educate our visitors, and organize the sports and social events for all to enjoy our grounds and facilities built from our board members and volunteers.
Work With Us!
Join us as we are an inclusive and collaborative group working to serve as a focal point for the expression of Irish culture through a variety of activities, events, and programs. We offer our facilities for rental and functions outside of our Irish cultural programs and events. If you are interested in joining our full time or part time staff, we have the following immediate openings:
- Executive Director
- Events Coordinator
- Function Staff
Executive Director Job Summary
The Irish Cultural Centre has a very active Board that is in search for an Executive Director to partner with them to keep the Irish Culture alive in the Boston area!
The Executive Director communicates the mission and goals to all internal staff while their external focus is on fundraising and relationship management for the lead programs and business development of the Irish Cultural Centre.
- Oversees the daily administration of the organization by implementing policies, procedures, and programs.
- Drafts and implements performance standards and meets bi-monthly with direct reports, General Manager, Administrative Director, and Facilities Manager.
- Reports to the Board of Directors, maintaining open communication and disclosure of the conditions, operations, and needs of the organization.
- Drafts, presents, and recommends organizational policies and programs to the Board.
- Oversees fundraising locally and prepares grant application to the Irish government through the local Boson Consular office.
- Cultivates relationships with business partners in New England and local community.
- Maintains a mutually beneficial relationship with local GAA by attending and supporting its activities.
- Responsible for managing direct staff by setting goals and expectations of direct staff with bi- monthly meetings.
- Facilitates preparation of the annual budget.
- Accommodates periodic audits and compliance requirements for the organization.
- Supports and directs public relations activities to build and maintain relationships with other organizations and the public.
- Oversees the strategy and direction of all Membership communication.
- Provides resources as needed for events, food, and beverage management.
- Curates’ public relations efforts in cooperation with other Irish organizations.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the organization’s mission and vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with government agencies, community leaders, local town officials, and the general public.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times, challenging environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google, or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Master’s degree highly preferred.
- At least three to five years of business administration and/or experience related with a non- profit required
- Supervisory and leadership experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
The Irish Cultural Centre of Greater Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Events Coordinator Job Summary
The Irish Cultural Centre of Boston (“ICC”) is a social club in Canton, MA whose mission is to preserve and promote Irish culture and heritage though sports, music, literature, dance, and other cultural activities. The ICC has a base of paid members but is also open to the public. The 46-acre campus includes a full-service Pub and kitchen, an outdoor concessions area two indoor and one large outdoor performance and function spaces (one including a small bar), meeting rooms, a library, four athletic fields and a traditional Irish cottage. Tree Top Adventures, the popular aerial ropes and zip line course, is also located on site.
The ICC is currently seeking an experienced Events Coordinator to manage the ICC’s various functions throughout the year. The Events Coordinator will have the responsibility of managing all functions for the organization, including all aspects of event planning and execution from beginning to end.
A successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously. Responsibilities of the Events Coordinator include meeting with clients to work out event details, including making recommendations on appropriate room locations, food & beverage options, pricing, entertainment, staffing and cleanup. The Events Coordinator also creates customizable event proposals and proactively presents such proposals to prospective clients.
This position reports directly to the ICC’s Food & Beverage Manager, with whom he/she will work collaboratively. In addition to responsibilities for events and functions, this role also includes to a lesser extent the performance of some tasks associated with ICC membership renewals and information management
Events Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain working relationships with external food & beverage vendors and caterers.
- Actively market the ICC as a unique and competitively priced events and functions venue, including attending industry events, wedding expos, etc.
- Understand and be able to adapt to the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients.
- Plan all aspects of events, including room selection, seating, and food & beverage service.
- Coordinate event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers.
- Be attentive to each client’s event budget when planning event specifications, while also seeking to maximize event revenue as appropriate.
- Work with Accounting to issue invoices and collect payments in a timely manner, and maintain accurate records of all event costs and revenues, including producing post-event profit and loss reports for Manager’s review.
- Manage and oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing any external vendors, and arranging for event break-down.
- Anticipate and plan for possible different scenarios as events unfold, trouble-shooting as necessary.
- Create Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) in order to keep all food & beverage staff apprised in a timely manner to ensure that all event needs are being met.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to clients and vendors in a professional and confident manner.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
The ICC offers a competitive salary along with employer-sponsored health and dental plans as well as holidays and paid time off.
The Irish Cultural Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ICC is currently seeking an experienced Cook who will oversee kitchen operations if Kitchen Manager is off. The Cook will create an innovative menu and prepare or coordinate the preparation of food ordered by patrons.
The successful candidate will oversee the operations of the kitchen and back-of-house, ensuring that food is prepared safely, efficiently, and according to specifications or request. Ensure kitchen runs in accordance with all applicable health, safety, and hygiene codes and standards. Collaborate with Deputy Director and/or Pub Manager on menu items for example, works with to design an innovative, appealing, and complementary dessert and beverage menu.
This position requires nights and weekends to lead kitchen in the absence of the Kitchen Manager. For more information or interest please email email@example.com
These positions are responsible for providing first-class service to our members and guests in both our a la carte and banquet settings. In a warm and friendly manner, the right individual will greet the members and guests to enjoy a memorable experience at the ICC. As appropriate, they will engage in warm and friendly conversation with the members whether at initial seating or following. Experience in the hospitality industry is highly encouraged but willing to train the right individual.
The Server will serve and bus tables as well as clear and tear down banquet rooms at the end of the function.
The Banquet Bartender will set up the bar and prepare banquet room for banquet functions as well as clear and tear down banquet rooms at the end of the function.
These positions require nights and weekends to assist in the Pub or scheduled events. For more information or interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome volunteers at anytime to apply to be part of our team.
All new staff and volunteers are required to have a clear CORI before joining our team! For more information reach out to our Administrative Director Tara Spellman email@example.com
The Irish Cultural Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer